Saturday 26 October 2013

Fabregas would have never moved to Man Utd


fabregas 
Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas finally put an end to all rumours and speculation suggesting he was intent on making a move to Manchester United during the summer transfer window in a recent two part interview with the Guardian. The former Arsenal man remained adamant that he had no plans to make a return to the Premier League in the summer and has always been fully focused on succeeding at Barcelona.
The Barca and Spanish star seemed to be on his way to Old Trafford at one point in the summer but the deal failed to go through, to the surprise of many.
Clear
The newspaper quoted him as saying “It’s not something I was even thinking about.
“I was always clear in my mind that I want to succeed at Barcelona and I’d give everything to triumph here.”
When asked about why United appeared to be so convinced that the deal was going to go through, the Barca midfielder added: “At no time did I say I wanted to go and I stayed out of it.
“I was surprised. I didn’t encourage them at all.”
With Fabregas so adamant that the deal was never on and he had little interest in the attention of the Manchester club, it is hard to understand why there was so much speculation over a possible move back to the Premier League.
Good start
Fabregas has made a solid start to the season and the only player to have spent more time on the pitch so far this term for Barcelona is Gerard Pique.
The former Arsenal captain failed to consolidate a place in the Barca first team under Pep Guardiola and went through periods when he was mainly used as a substitute since making his return to the Camp Nou in 2011.
Fabregas felt uncomfortable at times under his previous manager’s system and was worried about failing to live up to the expectations he had been expected to live up to.
The midfielder reaffirmed this in the interview with the Guardian, saying: “I would sometimes think, if I move from here, we lose the ball and I leave someone free, I’ll get a rollicking.”
The Spanish international appears to be playing his best football since making his move back to the club and he confirmed this in the interview with the Guardian.
Fabregas is quoted as saying: “The season’s started brilliantly.
“This coach [Tata Martino] lets me play the way that suits my qualities and I’m very comfortable, very happy.”
With things looking up for the Barca player, he may finally be able to rediscover the form which won him his reputation as one of the world’s best central midfielders during his time at Arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment