Wednesday 29 January 2014

Eto'o foundation gems signed long term contracts

Barcelona youngsters Jean Marie Dongou and Macky Frank Bagnack have both agreed new long-term contracts with the club.

Jean Marie Dongou
Cameroonian duo Dongou, a centre-forward, and Bagnack, a centre-back, both joined Barca's La Masia academy due to its links with the foundation established by former Barca star Samuel Eto’o and have progressed through the youth ranks to become regulars with the Barca B side this season, and have already featured for the senior side under coach Gerardo Martino.
The pair have now committed their futures to the club until June 2017, with each having a buy-out clause set at 12 million euros in their new deals.
Dongou, 18, who made his senior debut as a substitute against Celtic in the Champions League last December, told Barca’s official website that he was excited to be committing his future to the club.
“This is a very important day in my career,” he said. “I am very happy. When I came to La Masia and the day I made my debut at the Camp Nou are my two most memorable moments since I came here. I am very excited to stay at the club.”
Bagnack, also 18, who featured during Barca’s preseason friendlies in the summer, told the Barca website that he was delighted with the development.
“I am very pleased that I am renewing my contract with the best team in the world,” he said. “I am very happy. My favourite moment was my debut in the Joan Gamper Trophy and the Asia Tour with the first team. I will continue improving so that one day I can reach my full potential.”

No comments:

Post a Comment